With Lardarius Webb having back issues the secondary has more questions and they are in search of an answer.
Chykie Brown has struggled early in camp which is no surprise to me since I have always thought he couldn’t find the ball and wasn’t instinctual.
Asa Jackson is now starting opposite Jimmy Smith. Asa has had off-the-field issues in the past but has the athletic ability to play the nickel. Asa has feet and ball skills but they need to get Webb back by the time they play the 3rd preseason game so he can get his timing ready for the Bengals.
Webb needs to be practicing by August 18 to prepare for the Redskins game where he would play at least a half. If he can play against the Redskins with Garçon and Jackson, that would prepare him and rest of secondary for Cincinnati.
Once Webb comes back it would be great if Asa Jackson has played well enough to have secured the 3rd corner job.
Related Stories – Baltimore Ravens:
- Former Ravens Linebacker Shot Dead In Apartment, 2 Wounded
- Ravens Provide Youth Football Grants To 14 Local Programs
- Ray Lewis To Join Fox Sports As NFL Analyst
- Wayback Wednesday: Former Ravens Offensive Lineman Spencer Folau
- Ravens’ Coach Greg Roman Is ‘Fine-Tuning’ The Run Game