BALTIMORE (WJZ) — In the eleventh hour of the trade deadline, the Orioles strike a deal with Boston.
The team acquired LHP Andrew Miller from the Red Sox Thursday in exchange for minor league LHP Eduardo Rodriguez.
Miller, 29, has posted a 2.34 ERA with 13 walks and 69 strikeouts in 50 appearances for Boston this season.
He has held left-handed hitters to a .150/.203/.217 line in 65 plate appearances, while keeping righties to a .180/.279/.258 in 105 plate appearances.
Miller ranks fourth among major league relievers this season, striking out 14.67 per 9.0 innings. His 5.31 strikeout-to-walk ratio ranks 17th.
Since becoming a full-time reliever in 2012, Miller has pitched to a 2.78 ERA (113.1IP, 35ER) in 140 games, striking out 13.3 per 9.0 innings.
Rodriguez, 21, is 3-7 with a 4.79 ERA (82.2IP, 44ER) in 16 starts for Double-A Bowie this season.
Other Local News:
- ‘It’s Just Heartbreaking’: Ellicott City Pummeled By Devastating Flash Floods Yet Again
- Ellicott City Residents Share Video Of Historic Flooding
- Flash Flood Warning Issued For Parts Of Maryland
- Baltimore Officials: Evacuate Clipper Mill Area; Jones Falls Overflowing
- Ocean City Jet Ski Accident Leaves Woman In Critical Condition