DUNDALK, Md. (WJZ) — There are new details about the murder of a missing Dundalk woman. Baltimore County Police say it was at the hands of her boyfriend, who now sits behind bars and is charged with first-degree murder.

Rochelle Ritchie has more on the charging documents that detail witness accounts.

According to an anonymous witness, Clyde Campbell wrapped Dorothy Grubb’s body in a tarp before disposing of her just a mile and a half away from their home.

Clyde Campbell, 53, could spend the rest of his life in prison if he is found guilty of murdering his girlfriend–60-year-old Dorothy Grubb.

“We had been looking for her since last Saturday. She was found a day or two ago. And now, we are very happy we were able to arrest him and charge him with this very brutal killing,” said Elise Armacost, Baltimore County Police.

Grubb’s body was found on Merritt Boulevard and Peninsula Expressway late Tuesday night after she was reported missing by her daughter on July 26.

“I never thought in a million years this would ever happen to our family,” her daughter, Kristi Grubb, said.

WJZ got a hold of the charging documents. In them, a witness who police say will remain anonymous until the trial, tells how it all happened.

According to this person, on July 24, the couple was in a heated verbal argument upstairs in the second floor bathroom. The documents say “…during this argument, a loud ‘pop’ sound was heard.”

A neighbor who also heard that noise called police, who came to the home to check it out, but with no warrant, they did not go inside. Instead, they spoke to Clyde and his 14-year-old son outside.

The witness goes on to tell investigators: “Campbell went into the bathroom and began to drag Dorothy’s body out of the bathroom and down the steps. Once outside, Campbell put the victim in a tarp and then put her lifeless body in the bed of his Ford truck and left.”

But Campbell tells a much different story to investigators, saying she “…slipped, fell and broke her neck” and “her death was unintentional.”

The victim’s daughter tells WJZ she has no doubt Campbell is responsible for her mother’s murder.

“I believe in my heart that he killed my mother,” Grubb said.

Investigators say after the murder, Campbell took the carpeting out of the home and placed it in a dumpster on his way to Ocean City.

The medical examiner says Grubb died from multiple force injuries.

Other Local News:


Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

Watch & Listen LIVE