Dan Duquette On The Trade For Andrew Miller And If They Were In On Other Trades
Buy Orioles Tickets
Dan Duquette is the current GM of the Baltimore Orioles.
Dan joined Ed and Steve to talk about yesterday’s MLB trade deadline and the acquisition of relief pitcher Andrew Miller from the Red Sox.
Dan started by talking about the trade for Andrew Miller saying “we had preliminary discussions with Boston on a reliever.” Dan also talked about Lester and Lackey and if the Orioles were in saying “we explored the possibility with Boston and we thought we had a top offer but they liked the Cespedes option over what we offered.” Dan also went on to say Tampa and the Orioles were never close on a deal for David Price saying that Price’s $20 million price tag next year was tough for most teams to absorb. Dan also went on to talk about if the Orioles explored trying to upgrade any other positions.
Related Stories – Baltimore Orioles:
- Pat Hughes Of Baseball Voices On Legendary Baltimore Announcer Chuck Thompson
- Steve Davis: So What Now For Chris Davis?
- Some Lucky Children Got To Attend Orioles’ Christmas Party
- Buck Showalter Thinks Chris Davis Has Been Approved For Adderall Use
- Roch Kubatko Was Not Surprised By The Lack Of Moves By The Orioles At The Winter Meetings