Dan Duquette is the current GM of the Baltimore Orioles.
Dan joined Ed and Steve to talk about yesterday’s MLB trade deadline and the acquisition of relief pitcher Andrew Miller from the Red Sox.
Dan started by talking about the trade for Andrew Miller saying “we had preliminary discussions with Boston on a reliever.” Dan also talked about Lester and Lackey and if the Orioles were in saying “we explored the possibility with Boston and we thought we had a top offer but they liked the Cespedes option over what we offered.” Dan also went on to say Tampa and the Orioles were never close on a deal for David Price saying that Price’s $20 million price tag next year was tough for most teams to absorb. Dan also went on to talk about if the Orioles explored trying to upgrade any other positions.
Related Stories – Baltimore Orioles:
- Orioles To Increase Ticket Prices For 2016 Season
- Orioles Sign Rafael Palmeiro’s Son To Minor-League Deal
- Former Oriole Charged With Battery, Arrested While Naked From Waist Down
- Orioles Head Groundskeeper Wins Award For Women’s Leadership In Business
- Orioles Outfielder Mark Trumbo Joins Orioles Hot Stove