GLEN BURNIE, Md. (WJZ)–Ritchie Highway will be closed in both directions at 8th Avenue in Glen Burnie for at least an estimated eight hours due to emergency repair work.
Officials say a boom truck struck and knocked down wires in the area Monday just after 9 a.m.
There are numerous businesses nearby in this extremely busy section of roadway in Anne Arundel County.
Numerous delays have already been reported and this will only continue into rush hour.
Crain Highway is an alternate route, but officials are urging citizens to avoid that area all together if possible.
Stay with WJZ and CBSBaltimore.com for the latest on this story.
Other Local News:
- Ravens Tweet And Delete Creepy Image Featuring Queen Elizabeth
- Mexicans Dig Through Collapsed Buildings As Quake Kills 217
- Family Files Lawsuit For Baltimore Co. Man Who Died After Encounter With Police
- Man Freed After Nearly 14 Years In Prison; Falsely Accused Of Murder
- Over 200 Killed As 7.1 Magnitude Quake Fells Buildings In Mexico