GLEN BURNIE, Md. (WJZ)–Ritchie Highway will be closed in both directions at 8th Avenue in Glen Burnie for at least an estimated eight hours due to emergency repair work.
Officials say a boom truck struck and knocked down wires in the area Monday just after 9 a.m.
There are numerous businesses nearby in this extremely busy section of roadway in Anne Arundel County.
Numerous delays have already been reported and this will only continue into rush hour.
Crain Highway is an alternate route, but officials are urging citizens to avoid that area all together if possible.
Stay with WJZ and CBSBaltimore.com for the latest on this story.
Other Local News:
- Meet WJZ’s 2017 Black History Oratory Competition Winner: Jeremiah Pearl
- City Council Asking State To Turn Over Control Of Baltimore PD
- First Baltimore City Public School Student Wins Full-Tuition Scholarship To Stevenson
- Maryland’s Cardin Hits Trump On Russia Policy, Immigration
- Faith, Immigrant Groups Rally For Maryland Mom Facing Deportation