GLEN BURNIE, Md. (WJZ)–Ritchie Highway will be closed in both directions at 8th Avenue in Glen Burnie for at least an estimated eight hours due to emergency repair work.
Officials say a boom truck struck and knocked down wires in the area Monday just after 9 a.m.
There are numerous businesses nearby in this extremely busy section of roadway in Anne Arundel County.
Numerous delays have already been reported and this will only continue into rush hour.
Crain Highway is an alternate route, but officials are urging citizens to avoid that area all together if possible.
Stay with WJZ and CBSBaltimore.com for the latest on this story.
Other Local News:
- Trial Of Man Charged In Md. Police Station Attack Postponed
- Police Need Your Help To Find Dog Stolen From Baltimore Co. Yard
- Owl Rescued From Home’s Deck In Harford County
- Opening Date Announced For Giada De Laurentiis’ Restaurant In Baltimore
- Police Investigating Murder In Laurel After Man Shot In His Car