Busy Section Of Ritchie Highway Closed Due To Emergency Repairs
Get Breaking News First
GLEN BURNIE, Md. (WJZ)–Ritchie Highway will be closed in both directions at 8th Avenue in Glen Burnie for at least an estimated eight hours due to emergency repair work.
Officials say a boom truck struck and knocked down wires in the area Monday just after 9 a.m.
There are numerous businesses nearby in this extremely busy section of roadway in Anne Arundel County.
Numerous delays have already been reported and this will only continue into rush hour.
Crain Highway is an alternate route, but officials are urging citizens to avoid that area all together if possible.
Stay with WJZ and CBSBaltimore.com for the latest on this story.
Other Local News:
- Elections Official: Noncitizens May Be Voting In Md.
- Ex-Baltimore Transit Chief Charged With Bribery, Money Laundering
- Md. Man Arrested, Accused Of Kidnapping 6-Year-Old Daughter In Miss.
- Chris Brown Settles Lawsuit Stemming From D.C. Assault
- First Hillary Clinton, Then First Lady Obama Will Rally Voters For Anthony Brown