GLEN BURNIE, Md. (WJZ)–Ritchie Highway will be closed in both directions at 8th Avenue in Glen Burnie for at least an estimated eight hours due to emergency repair work.
Officials say a boom truck struck and knocked down wires in the area Monday just after 9 a.m.
There are numerous businesses nearby in this extremely busy section of roadway in Anne Arundel County.
Numerous delays have already been reported and this will only continue into rush hour.
Crain Highway is an alternate route, but officials are urging citizens to avoid that area all together if possible.
Stay with WJZ and CBSBaltimore.com for the latest on this story.
Other Local News:
- Maryland DNR Asking Fishermen To Catch And Kill Invasive Catfish
- Baltimore Co. Changing School Times At Some Schools
- Escape Room Company To Hide $100 Bills Around Baltimore Thursday
- Orioles Mark Halfway To Christmas With Buck ‘Snow’alter Globe Giveaway
- Governor Asks Trump To Declare Federal Disaster In Maryland Following May Flooding