Police: Robbery The Motive Behind Fatal Harford County Home Invasion
STREET, Md. (WJZ)—Police now say robbery was the motive behind the home invasion shooting death of a Harford County man.
Deputies were called to a home in the 1200-block of Trappe Road shortly after 1 a.m. on Monday.
Deputies found 38-year-old Thomas Anderson dead inside the home.
Detectives now say three masked men entered the home. Two of them were armed with handguns.
One man struck a resident of the home in the head while demanding money. That person refused medical treatment.
A struggle then ensued between the suspects and Anderson, who was shot in the upper torso and died at the scene.
The suspects fled in an unknown direction with a small amount of money.
The investigation continues.
Anyone with information about this incident is asked to call the Sheriff’s Office Northern Precinct at 410-692-7880.
Other Local News:
- 8 Officers & 6 Detainees Injured In Baltimore Incident
- Live TV Killings Sparking New Calls For Gun Control Reform
- Baltimore Police Cancel Leave For Officers During Freddie Gray Hearings
- State Looking Into O’Malley’s Discount Purchase Of Furniture
- Ride Operator Found Dead In Trailer At Maryland State Fair