STREET, Md. (WJZ)—Police now say robbery was the motive behind the home invasion shooting death of a Harford County man.
Deputies were called to a home in the 1200-block of Trappe Road shortly after 1 a.m. on Monday.
Deputies found 38-year-old Thomas Anderson dead inside the home.
Detectives now say three masked men entered the home. Two of them were armed with handguns.
One man struck a resident of the home in the head while demanding money. That person refused medical treatment.
A struggle then ensued between the suspects and Anderson, who was shot in the upper torso and died at the scene.
The suspects fled in an unknown direction with a small amount of money.
The investigation continues.
Anyone with information about this incident is asked to call the Sheriff’s Office Northern Precinct at 410-692-7880.
Other Local News:
- Hundreds Gather For Women’s Rally in Annapolis
- Passenger: Police Fired ‘Fatal Shots’ At Car That Caused Security Scare At NSA
- Baltimore Named Nation’s Most Dangerous City By USA Today
- Md. Lawmakers Push Bill To Regulate Prescription Drugs Prices
- Huge Amount Of Debris Washes Into Susquehanna After Rain, Snow Melt