BALTIMORE (WJZ) — WJZ-TV and The Baltimore Sun will co-host a debate between Maryland’s major gubernatorial candidates.
The debate will be held at the WJZ-TV Studios in Baltimore on Tuesday, October 7. It will be taped that morning and broadcast on WJZ-TV that evening between 7 and 8 p.m.
Representatives of Lt. Governor Anthony Brown and Mr. Larry Hogan have confirmed that their candidates will participate in the debate.
“We’re pleased to host this important event as a public service,” WJZ-TV President & General Manager Jay Newman said. Coming just one month before the election, the debate will provide voters the opportunity to hear directly from both major candidates for Governor before they decide who will lead Maryland over the next four years.”
“We are pleased to partner with WJZ in hosting this gubernatorial debate,” said Tim Ryan, Publisher & CEO of The Baltimore Sun Media Group. “The Baltimore Sun’s goal is to assist Maryland voters in making informed decisions and this debate is an extension of our commitment to in-depth political coverage.”
WJZ-TV is a CBS owned television station serving Maryland.
Baltimore Sun is a part of the Baltimore Sun Media Group owned by Tribune Publishing.
Other Local News:
- Mayor Asking FBI For Help With Investigating City Crime, Rising Murder Rate
- Concern Over Netflix Series ’13 Reason Why’ Glorifying Teen Suicide
- Ravens Select Houston OLB Bowser As No. 47 NFL Draft Pick
- Manhunt Continues For Escaped Prisoner, Police Offering $5K Reward
- Teachers’ ‘Smashing’ Draws Criticism