HANOVER, Md. (WJZ) — There is new information about a fatal gas station shooting in Anne Arundel County.
Police have located the driver of a dark colored Range Rover who may have been a witness to the shooting.
Police say an armed suspect walked into an Exxon gas station at the intersection of Route 175 and Ridge road in Hanover and shot the clerk. He then stepped over his body and stole cash out of the register before running out of the store.
The victim was identified as 49-year-old Rajinder Kumar. His roommate who works at a neighboring 7-Eleven says Kumar would send his earnings home to India to help put his teenage daughter and son through college.
Police are still seeking to identify the suspect.
Kumar is survived by his wife, two children and lots of extended family living in India. They are reportedly calling for his body to be returned to India immediately.
Other Local News:
- Lt. Gov. Rutherford Under Fire For Comments About Hate Speech
- Police Search For Missing 12-Year-Old Boy In Prince George’s County
- BPD: City Councilwoman Attacked In South Baltimore Parking Garage
- Teen In Bowers Case Found Not Guilty 1st-Degree Premeditated Murder
- Search Continues For Gunman In Deadly N.W. Baltimore Shooting