Barricade Situation In Brooklyn Park Ends Peacefully
BROOKYLN PARK, Md. (WJZ) — On Friday afternoon, Police were called to the 5200 block of Kramme Avenue in Brooklyn park for a report of an armed subject who barricaded himself in the residence.
Police later learned the residence was owned by the suspects Grandparents. As officers arrived they set themselves up in tactical positions around the residence.
While doing so, the suspect walked out the front door of the home and pointed a rifle at one of the officers on the scene, then immediately retreated back inside.
Several surrounding neighborhood streets were shut down to vehicular and pedestrian traffic while the incident was active.
After several hours of negotiations, the suspect eventually peacefully surrendered to officers. The suspect was transported to Harbor Hospital for treatment and charges are pending.
Other Local News:
- Ten-Year-Old Little Boy Among 3 People Shot In Northwest Baltimore
- Officer Making First Comments Since Being Charged In Freddie Gray Case
- Operations Suspended At 3 Md. Labs Due To Anthrax Probe
- Activists Predict More Riots If Freddie Gray Trials Are Relocated
- City Leaders Firing Back After Comments Made By Former Police Commissioner