BROOKYLN PARK, Md. (WJZ) — On Friday afternoon, Police were called to the 5200 block of Kramme Avenue in Brooklyn park for a report of an armed subject who barricaded himself in the residence.
Police later learned the residence was owned by the suspects Grandparents. As officers arrived they set themselves up in tactical positions around the residence.
While doing so, the suspect walked out the front door of the home and pointed a rifle at one of the officers on the scene, then immediately retreated back inside.
Several surrounding neighborhood streets were shut down to vehicular and pedestrian traffic while the incident was active.
After several hours of negotiations, the suspect eventually peacefully surrendered to officers. The suspect was transported to Harbor Hospital for treatment and charges are pending.
Other Local News:
- Maryland Zoo Names New Baby Giraffe
- Groups March For State Of Emergency On Race Relations
- Police: Baltimore Man Arrested In The Murder of His Girlfriend
- Baltimore County Police Arrest 2 Suspects Connected To 3 Homicides Weeks Apart
- The House That Chef Boyardee Built Up For Auction On Md.’s Eastern Shore