BROOKYLN PARK, Md. (WJZ) — On Friday afternoon, Police were called to the 5200 block of Kramme Avenue in Brooklyn park for a report of an armed subject who barricaded himself in the residence.
Police later learned the residence was owned by the suspects Grandparents. As officers arrived they set themselves up in tactical positions around the residence.
While doing so, the suspect walked out the front door of the home and pointed a rifle at one of the officers on the scene, then immediately retreated back inside.
Several surrounding neighborhood streets were shut down to vehicular and pedestrian traffic while the incident was active.
After several hours of negotiations, the suspect eventually peacefully surrendered to officers. The suspect was transported to Harbor Hospital for treatment and charges are pending.
Other Local News:
- Person Of Interest in Custody In SW Baltimore Double Shooting
- Report: State Indicates Possible Appeal In New Trial for Adnan Syed
- State Faces Hurdle in Trial of 5th Officer Charged in Freddie Gray Case
- Ravens John Urschel Crunches Numbers With Baltimore Co. Students During Off Season
- Hospitals On Alert As Dangerous Heat Wave Scorches Maryland