ROCKVILLE, Md. (WJZ)– Police are investigating a hit and run incident that injured one bicyclist in Montgomery County.
Just before 2 p.m. Tuesday officers responded to the area of Laytonsville Road and Rocky Road for a reported collision. Witnesses are saying that the bicyclist was traveling east on Route 108 and was traveling with traffic when a vehicle attempted to pass the cyclist. The vehicle attempted the pass by traveling in the westbound lane but due to an oncoming traffic the vehicle swerved back into the eastbound lane, striking the cyclist.
The vehicle did not stop and continued to travel east on Route 108. The victim is Kurt Zwally, 44, of Silver Spring. Witnesses to the collision described the vehicle that struck the cyclist as a gray or silver sport utility vehicle.
Anyone who has information about the hit-and-run collision is asked to call the Montgomery County Police at 301-279-8000.
Other Local News:
- DC Bakery Says It Was Asked To Copy Obama’s 2013 Cake, Donated Profits To HRC
- Wind Uproots Tree, Causing It To Fall Into Columbia Home
- Woman Found Shot In Crashed Vehicle; Later Dies At Hospital
- Md. State Police Classes Down By Half, Recruitment Is Priority
- Police Arrest ‘Brazen’ Murder Suspect For January Homicide