ELLICOTT CITY, Md. (WJZ)– The Howard County murder trial of a teen charged in her father’s stabbing death has been postponed to early next year.
On Tuesday morning a Howard County judge granted a defense request to postpone the trial to February 17, 2015.
The judge also granted a defense request for an evaluation to determine Morgan Arnold’s competency to stand trial. That evaluation will take place in the coming days, followed by a competency hearing scheduled for next Tuesday.
Arnold, 16, will be tried as an adult in the murder of her father, Dennis Lane, in May 2013. She was just 14-years-old at the time of her father’s murder.
Her then 19-year-old boyfriend, Jason Bulmer, pleaded guilty to stabbing Lane to death and has been sentenced to a 30 year prison term.
Other Local News:
- FIRST WARNING WX: Heavy Rain Expected Across Maryland Through Friday
- Ellicott City Prepares For a Possible Round 2
- 4-Year-Old Boy Found; Man Still At Large
- Ellicott City Taking Weather Precautions Since July Flooding
- Port Covington Deal Gets the Official Go-Ahead