Murder Trial Postponed For Teen Charged In Father’s Stabbing Death
Get Breaking News First
ELLICOTT CITY, Md. (WJZ)– The Howard County murder trial of a teen charged in her father’s stabbing death has been postponed to early next year.
On Tuesday morning a Howard County judge granted a defense request to postpone the trial to February 17, 2015.
The judge also granted a defense request for an evaluation to determine Morgan Arnold’s competency to stand trial. That evaluation will take place in the coming days, followed by a competency hearing scheduled for next Tuesday.
Arnold, 16, will be tried as an adult in the murder of her father, Dennis Lane, in May 2013. She was just 14-years-old at the time of her father’s murder.
Her then 19-year-old boyfriend, Jason Bulmer, pleaded guilty to stabbing Lane to death and has been sentenced to a 30 year prison term.
Other Local News:
- Baltimore Hospital Worker Among 2 Shot Dead
- Baltimore Jury Awards $2M In Lead Paint Case
- Two Md. Communities Named ‘Best Places To Live’
- Baltimore Councilmembers Take A Look At Body Cameras
- Bisciotti: “No One Here Is Losing Their Job”