ROCKVILLE, Md. (WJZ)—It was three years ago that militants in Pakistan captured a Maryland man.
Warren Weinstein was kidnapped August 13, 2011—just four days before his seven-year stint in Pakistan was about to end.
Al-Qaeda operatives armed with AK-47s stormed the gate where Weinstein lived, tortured and tied up the guards, and then captured the Maryland man.
His captors have released four videos of him. The most recent one was last Christmas.
Weinstein had safely lived in the high-security compound for years while working as a U.S. government contractor in Pakistan. He frequently traveled back to his home in Montgomery County to see his family.
It is believed he is being held in a mountainous region near the Afghanistan border.
Other Local News:
- Security System Captures Armed Robbery Of Pizza Delivery Driver
- Fallen Baltimore Co. Officer Leaves Lasting Impact Throughout Community
- Police: Teen Charged In Ofc. Amy Caprio’s Murder, 3 Others In Custody
- Official: Body Cam Video Of Slain Baltimore Co. Cop Will Not Be Released
- Md. Community Rushed To Save Life Of Critically Injured Police Officer