ROCKVILLE, Md. (WJZ)—It was three years ago that militants in Pakistan captured a Maryland man.
Warren Weinstein was kidnapped August 13, 2011—just four days before his seven-year stint in Pakistan was about to end.
Al-Qaeda operatives armed with AK-47s stormed the gate where Weinstein lived, tortured and tied up the guards, and then captured the Maryland man.
His captors have released four videos of him. The most recent one was last Christmas.
Weinstein had safely lived in the high-security compound for years while working as a U.S. government contractor in Pakistan. He frequently traveled back to his home in Montgomery County to see his family.
It is believed he is being held in a mountainous region near the Afghanistan border.
Other Local News:
- Hampden Community Holds Vigil for New York Man Killed by Baltimore Man
- BPD ID’d Officer Who Shot & Killed Man; Held 2 Toddlers at Knife-point
- Orioles Season Ticket-Holders Get First Dibs at Seats at Tag Day
- DuPont Family Trust Lawsuit Moved from Maryland to Delaware
- Women’s History Month Rally Held In Annapolis