GERMANTOWN, Md. (WJZ)– A 15-year-old male from Rockville has been arrested after robbing a man at gunpoint in Germantown.
On Tuesday just after 6 p.m., officers were called to the area of Waring Station and Middlebrook roads for a reported armed robbery.
The 51-year-old victim told officers that he was riding his bicycle on Wearing Station Road when a juvenile male, who was hiding behind trees, jumped in front of the victim and stood on the sidewalk. The suspect was then joined by three other males, one of the suspects grabbed a hold of the victims handlebars and then the 15-year-old suspect produced a handgun from under his shirt. The suspect then pressed the handgun into the victim’s side and demanded the victim’s money.
After removing the victims personal property and backpack, the suspects fled on foot. After receiving a vivid description of the 15-year-old male, officers were able to locate the suspect walking through the area of Stoney Bottom Lane. When officers attempted to stop the suspect he fled on foot but was apprehended after a brief foot pursuit.
Officers were unable to locate the weapon. The juvenile has been charged with armed robbery and the three other suspects have not yet been identified.
Anyone with information about this incident is asked to call 240-773-6237.
Other Local News:
- Teen Wounded In School Shooting ‘Brain Dead’; To Be Taken Off Life Support
- Police Seek Camo-Clad Suspect In South Baltimore Grocery Store Shooting
- Possible Threats To Maryland Schools Deemed ‘Not Credible’
- Maryland Woman Suing Facebook Over Personal Information Being Released
- Baltimore Native John Bolton To Replace H.R. McMaster As National Security Adviser