2 Workers Rescued After Trench Collapse In Potomac
POTOMAC, Md. (WJZ/AP) — Dozens of rescue personnel worked for more than three hours to free two workers trapped up to the necks in mud when a trench collapse pinned them to the foundation of a home.
Montgomery County fire and rescue officials said the workers were freed Thursday evening.
The accident occurred on Martingale Court in Potomac. The workers became trapped in a 15- to 20-foot trench while doing work on the home that required digging down to its foundation.
The workers were conscious and breathing throughout the rescue, which involved more than 50 workers.
Other Local News:
- Baltimore Business Damaged In Riots Reopens 4 Months Later
- Teen Charged With Raping 9-Year-Old Girl At State Fair
- 4-Year-Old Dies In Baltimore Apartment Fire; 3 Others Hospitalized
- New Blood Test Can Reveal Breast Cancer Well Before Tumor Grows
- Md. Org. Calling For Stricter Gun Laws After Tragic TV Shooting