POTOMAC, Md. (WJZ/AP) — Dozens of rescue personnel worked for more than three hours to free two workers trapped up to the necks in mud when a trench collapse pinned them to the foundation of a home.
Montgomery County fire and rescue officials said the workers were freed Thursday evening.
The accident occurred on Martingale Court in Potomac. The workers became trapped in a 15- to 20-foot trench while doing work on the home that required digging down to its foundation.
The workers were conscious and breathing throughout the rescue, which involved more than 50 workers.
Other Local News:
- Teen Arrested In Baltimore Sex Assault, 2nd Suspect Still Sought
- Bicyclist Dead After Collision With Pickup In Baltimore County
- Water Main Break Sends Water Shooting Into The Air In Woodlawn
- Comm. Davis Opens Up About Aerial Surveillance Program
- Amtrak Announces $2.45B Loan For Upgrades In Northeast Corridor