POTOMAC, Md. (WJZ/AP) — Dozens of rescue personnel worked for more than three hours to free two workers trapped up to the necks in mud when a trench collapse pinned them to the foundation of a home.
Montgomery County fire and rescue officials said the workers were freed Thursday evening.
The accident occurred on Martingale Court in Potomac. The workers became trapped in a 15- to 20-foot trench while doing work on the home that required digging down to its foundation.
The workers were conscious and breathing throughout the rescue, which involved more than 50 workers.
Other Local News:
- Church Nursery Volunteer Charged, Girl Says He Touched Her During Mass
- Citizens Help Police Capture Baltimore’s Public Enemy No. 1
- Baltimore City Council Takes Action Against President-Elect Trump
- Army Cadets And Navy Midshipmen Face Off At Patriot Games
- Hillary Clinton Warns About Hoax News On Social Media