POTOMAC, Md. (WJZ/AP) — Dozens of rescue personnel worked for more than three hours to free two workers trapped up to the necks in mud when a trench collapse pinned them to the foundation of a home.
Montgomery County fire and rescue officials said the workers were freed Thursday evening.
The accident occurred on Martingale Court in Potomac. The workers became trapped in a 15- to 20-foot trench while doing work on the home that required digging down to its foundation.
The workers were conscious and breathing throughout the rescue, which involved more than 50 workers.
Other Local News:
- DE, MD Officials Working To Develop Prosecution Against Edgewood Office Shooter
- Student Continues Advocacy For Frederick Co. Schools Trans Student Protections
- Warmer Fall Months Leading To Increase In Stink Bug Population
- 69-Year-Old Woman Dies In Early Morning Fire
- School Rape Case Quietly Ends With Dropped Child Porn Charge