POTOMAC, Md. (WJZ/AP) — Dozens of rescue personnel worked for more than three hours to free two workers trapped up to the necks in mud when a trench collapse pinned them to the foundation of a home.
Montgomery County fire and rescue officials said the workers were freed Thursday evening.
The accident occurred on Martingale Court in Potomac. The workers became trapped in a 15- to 20-foot trench while doing work on the home that required digging down to its foundation.
The workers were conscious and breathing throughout the rescue, which involved more than 50 workers.
Other Local News:
- 90-Year-Old Baltimore Woman Critical After Home Invasion
- Baltimore Primary Ballots Still Being Counted, Pugh and Dixon Separated By Just a Few Thousand Votes
- Report: Prince Tried to Meet With Doctor Before His Death
- Towson Univ. Police ID Suspect Wanted In Peeping Tom Incident
- New Study: Medical Errors Are 3rd Leading Cause For Death In US