DUNDALK, Md. (WJZ)—Baltimore County Police have charged a Dundalk man in connection with the theft of two historic gates from Battle Acre Park in Dundalk in June.
George Elias Sotirakis, 34, is charged with theft from $10,000 to under $100,000. He has been released on $50,000 bail.
A contractor that was working on renovations at the park noticed that two 100-year-old gates were missing on June 30. The gates were last seen on June 25.
The gates had a replacement value of $4000 and an estimated actual value of $10,000 due to their historic nature.
Detectives identified Sotirakis as a suspect through surveillance video, information from local scrap yards and other investigative methods.
Detectives believe that the gates have already been scrapped.
This incident remains under investigation.
Battle Acre Park is part of the field on which the Battle of North Point was fought in 1814.
Other Local News:
- 10-Page Complaint Filed Against Marilyn Mosby Over Freddie Gray Investigation
- Ex-School Aide Indicted On 270 Counts In Sex Abuse Case
- Md., DC Democrats Continuing Push for Gun-Control Laws
- Loved Ones of Lor Scoota Demands Justice For Slain Rapper
- Man Seriously Injured After Tree Falls Onto Passenger Bus in AACo.