Not to get ahead of ourselves, but the Orioles have the biggest divisional lead in baseball and an easy schedule over the next month.
As I was checking the standings, I noticed the Orioles are very much within striking distance of Oakland for the best record in the American League.
The Orioles have won 8 straight series against some of the best teams in the league.
Their next 8 series are against teams that, as the road trip begins, do not have a winning record.
From Aug 15-Sept 12, they don’t play a single team that is above .500 as of the start of the trip.
Now, this doesn’t mean it will be easy, and of course, they are without Manny. My point is, if there was a time to be able to absorb Manny’s loss, this would be it. And, if we want to dream a little bit, it is not beyond the realm of possibility that the Orioles could be the top seed in the league.
That would be some Orioles Magic!
Related Stories – Baltimore Orioles:
- Turner Goes 4 For 4 To Help Nationals Beat Orioles 9-7
- Orioles Designate Pedro Alvarez For Assignment
- Orioles Snap 9-Game Skid With 10-4 Win Over Marlins
- Realmuto Has 2 HRs, 4 RBIs; Marlins Sink Orioles 5-4
- Could Orioles’ Chris Davis Finish With Worst Season Ever By Full-Time Major Leaguer?