GLEN BURNIE, Md. (WJZ)—Two 18-year-olds face burglary and theft charges after stealing a pickup truck and attempting to rob Bart’s Sports World in Glen Burnie.
Police were called to the business at 6814 Ritchie Highway South around 1:43 a.m. Wednesday for a burglary in progress.
Upon arrival, officers immediately located a 2008 Ford F15 pick-up truck with three suspects inside who were consistent with the information provided from the 911 caller. The vehicle also had damage consistent with ramming into the business where the weapons are kept in the showroom.
When police tried to initiate a traffic stop, the truck sped off and a pursuit ensued. Eventually, the vehicle entered Baltimore City and came to a stop in the 2500-block of Maemple Lane near Frederick Avenue. The suspects then attempted to flee on foot.
Two of the suspects were taken into custody after a short foot pursuit. Michael Quionte Wilson and Samone Lanair Eliza Harrington are charged with burglary related offenses, theft, auto theft and CDS charges.
The third suspect remains at large.
Inside the getaway truck—which was stolen from Baltimore City an hour and half before the burglary—officers recovered two pellet rifles with store tags on them, two laser sights with sales tags and a small amount of marijuana.
All stolen property was returned to the business.
Other Local News:
- Police: Suspect Shot, Killed While Trying To Rob Off-Duty Officer’s Home
- Radee Prince To Be Tried In Delaware Before Being Brought Back To Maryland
- Harford Co. Senator To Introduce Legislation To Reinstate Death Penalty In Md.
- Police: Bus Driver Was Speeding Before Route 29 Crash That Injured 5
- Governor Hogan Signs Order To Block Boycotts Of Israel