GLEN BURNIE, Md. (WJZ)—Two 18-year-olds face burglary and theft charges after stealing a pickup truck and attempting to rob Bart’s Sports World in Glen Burnie.
Police were called to the business at 6814 Ritchie Highway South around 1:43 a.m. Wednesday for a burglary in progress.
Upon arrival, officers immediately located a 2008 Ford F15 pick-up truck with three suspects inside who were consistent with the information provided from the 911 caller. The vehicle also had damage consistent with ramming into the business where the weapons are kept in the showroom.
When police tried to initiate a traffic stop, the truck sped off and a pursuit ensued. Eventually, the vehicle entered Baltimore City and came to a stop in the 2500-block of Maemple Lane near Frederick Avenue. The suspects then attempted to flee on foot.
Two of the suspects were taken into custody after a short foot pursuit. Michael Quionte Wilson and Samone Lanair Eliza Harrington are charged with burglary related offenses, theft, auto theft and CDS charges.
The third suspect remains at large.
Inside the getaway truck—which was stolen from Baltimore City an hour and half before the burglary—officers recovered two pellet rifles with store tags on them, two laser sights with sales tags and a small amount of marijuana.
All stolen property was returned to the business.
Other Local News:
- Police: Baltimore Drug Dealer Linked To ‘Several’ Md. Overdoses, 23, Arrested
- Baltimore Man Shot, Killed After Hearing Someone Tampering With Front Door
- Del Toro’s ‘Shape of Water,’ Set In Baltimore, Lands A Leading 13 Oscar Nods
- I-83 Accident Causes Major Delays In Northbound Lanes
- Girl Who Spent More Than 600 Days At Hopkins Receives Life-Saving Kidney Transplant