The Orioles 5 man rotation of Tillman, Norris, Chen, Gausman and Gonzalez might only have one All-Star appearance among them right now, that would be Tillman last year, but they’re pitching like stars.
The O’s are 11-5 on the road in their last 16 games and the rotation’s ERA is 2.7 during that time.
Norris has 8 wins since June 1, 2nd most in the league.
Tillman now has qulaity start in 12 of his last 14. In his last 12 starts, he is 5-1 with an ERA of 2.23. In August, he is 3-0 with an ERA of 1.6. The Orioles are 5-0 in his last 5 starts.
All of the starters have an ERA under 4. Sure, all the buzz was about Oakland after they picked up Lester and the Tigers when they added a third Cy Young winner to the rotation, but the Orioles starters are pitching studs, particularly now that you only need them to be great for 6 innings instead of 7 with a lockdown bullpen of O’Day, Miller and Britton.
Related Stories – Baltimore Orioles:
- Orioles Start Spring Training Revamping Expectations, Attitude After Last Season
- Orioles’ Machado Ready To Play Shortstop Ignore Trade Talk
- RHP Cashner Signs $16M, 2-Year Contract With Orioles
- Gausman, Orioles Agree To $5.6M Deal, Avoiding Arbitration
- For Starters, Orioles Seek To Fortify Rotation This Spring