The Orioles 5 man rotation of Tillman, Norris, Chen, Gausman and Gonzalez might only have one All-Star appearance among them right now, that would be Tillman last year, but they’re pitching like stars.
The O’s are 11-5 on the road in their last 16 games and the rotation’s ERA is 2.7 during that time.
Norris has 8 wins since June 1, 2nd most in the league.
Tillman now has qulaity start in 12 of his last 14. In his last 12 starts, he is 5-1 with an ERA of 2.23. In August, he is 3-0 with an ERA of 1.6. The Orioles are 5-0 in his last 5 starts.
All of the starters have an ERA under 4. Sure, all the buzz was about Oakland after they picked up Lester and the Tigers when they added a third Cy Young winner to the rotation, but the Orioles starters are pitching studs, particularly now that you only need them to be great for 6 innings instead of 7 with a lockdown bullpen of O’Day, Miller and Britton.
Related Stories – Baltimore Orioles:
- Opening Day Starter Kevin Gausman Is Ready For The First Pitch
- Crews Putting Final Touches To Orioles Park Before 25th Anniversary Opening Day
- Orioles To Celebrate Kids’ Opening Day On April 9
- Way Back Wednesday: Former Oriole Chris Hoiles Remembers His First Opening Day
- Rick Dempsey On The Orioles Roster Picture Clearing Up As Opening Day Approaches