BALTIMORE (AP/WJZ) — Baltimore police say a driver hit a pedestrian, a police car and two parked cars before he was arrested.
At around 10:40 p.m. Wednesday, a 45-year-old man was struck by a car at the intersection of W. Lafayette Avenue and N. Bentalou Street. The car left the scene a short time later, struck an unmarked police car in the 1300-block of N. Bentalou Street. The suspect then drove southbound on Bentalou Street and struck two parked cars and a utility pole. The driver of the car attempted to run from the scene but was taken into custody by officers.
Police say the 45-year-old male pedestrian suffered severe injuries after he was struck.
A police officer suffered minor injuries to his leg after his unmarked car was hit.
(Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
Other Local News:
- 90-Year-Old Woman Dies After Violent Baltimore Home Invasion
- Bill Would Put Md. At Forefront Of War On Cyber Terrorism
- Baltimore County Police Search For Missing 16-Year-Old Girl
- Fake Guns Are A Real Problem For Law Enforcement, Police Say
- NYPD Commissioner Calls Out Mosby For ‘Inexperience, Overcharging Cops’