Usually, rain delays are are occupied by MLB blooper reels or classic moments in your teams history but every now and then the action on the field takes the place of those video montages and become a blooper reel in themselves. The grounds crew in Chicago recently ran into some issues with their big blue tarp during a torrential downpour that caused some uproar from the visiting Giants. Now that that’s all been resolved feel free to enjoy the video over and over again.
Here’s a few other moments where that giant sheet of plastic became a giant source of entertainment.
This guy had his own Indiana Jones moment.
This tarp takes out an entire grounds crew at Joliet, Illinois Slammers game.
That’s one stubborn tarp.
The visiting Phillies had to go save the Rockies’ grounds crew.
These guys from Vancouver really know how to enjoy a rain delay, Rick Dempsey style.
Related Stories – Baltimore Orioles:
- Orioles’ Adam Jones Wants Deeper Postseason Run
- ‘Nashville’s Music Row Comes To The Ballpark’ Returns On March 17
- Report: Facebook, MLB May Stream One Major-League Game Per Week
- Roch Kubatko Says Joey Rickard Will Have To Earn A Roster Spot
- MLB Players’ Union Agrees To Pitchless Intentional Walks