BALTIMORE (WJZ/WNEW)–As the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge surges on, one video has proven to be more heartwarming than chilling.
O.J. Brigance is widely known as a former Ravens linebacker, who was diagnosed with ALS in 2007. Soon after, Brigance and his wife, Chanda, began the Brigance Brigade Foundation.
In the video O.J. and his wife ask people to donate to the Brigance Brigade Foundation to help them “equip, encourage and empower people living with ALS.
The Brigances challenged NFL Hall of Famer Cris Carter, recent Hall of Fame inductee Aeneas Williams, NFL Executive Troy Vincent, Baltimore’s actor Josh Charles and Olympic Champion Michael Phelps, and entertainment mogul Tyler Perry. They also extended a special challenge to NFL commissioner Roger Goodell to “establish an annual ALS Awareness Day during the season to honor the courageous men and women and their families battling ALS every day.”
O.J. Brigance now serves as the director of player development for the Ravens and is a huge motivator and inspiration for the team.
Other Local News:
- Montgomery County Police Investigate Officer Involved Shooting
- Police Investigating Puppy Abuse Case After Dog Was Left For Dead
- Baby Found Inside Car At Scene Of Fatal Shooting
- Mayor, Governor, Work To Close City Schools Multi-Million Dollar Budget Gap
- Md. Bill Would Punish Left Lane Lingering With Fine Up To $250