Several Businesses Evacuated As Crews Investigate Building Fire
HANOVER, Md. (WJZ)— Several businesses have been evacuated in the 7400-block of Candlewood Road in Hanover as BGE and Anne Arundel County firefighters evaluate reports of an underground fire.
Fire officials say there is a utility emergency at the back of a business building. They believe an underground fire is causing a flair up, and there are both electrical and gas lines there.
BGE is on the scene assisting fire crews.
Around 100 people from several businesses, including an adult daycare, have been evacuated.
There are no reports of injuries.
Stay with WJZ and CBSBaltimore.com for the latest on this developing story.
Other Local News:
- O’Malley Readying Presidential Announcement In Baltimore
- Some Asking City Leaders To Issue State Of Emergency
- Laser Strikes A Dangerous Trend Pilots Say Happening Far Too Often
- Man Who Received Face Transplant Meets With Md. Family That Made It Possible
- Baltimore Police Search For Missing 15-Year-Old Girl