HANOVER, Md. (WJZ)— Several businesses have been evacuated in the 7400-block of Candlewood Road in Hanover as BGE and Anne Arundel County firefighters evaluate reports of an underground fire.
Fire officials say there is a utility emergency at the back of a business building. They believe an underground fire is causing a flair up, and there are both electrical and gas lines there.
BGE is on the scene assisting fire crews.
Around 100 people from several businesses, including an adult daycare, have been evacuated.
There are no reports of injuries.
Stay with WJZ and CBSBaltimore.com for the latest on this developing story.
Other Local News:
- Family Looking For Answers Months After Son Hit By Car, Up Reward To $8K
- Area Pet Store Hosts Dog Wash-A-Thon For Hurricane Relief
- Bus Of College Students Catches Fire Along I-95 S In Howard Co.
- Breast Cancer Patients & Daughters Treated To Spa Day
- Report: Person Fell To Death At Harpers Ferry Nat’l Park