HANOVER, Md. (WJZ)— Several businesses have been evacuated in the 7400-block of Candlewood Road in Hanover as BGE and Anne Arundel County firefighters evaluate reports of an underground fire.
Fire officials say there is a utility emergency at the back of a business building. They believe an underground fire is causing a flair up, and there are both electrical and gas lines there.
BGE is on the scene assisting fire crews.
Around 100 people from several businesses, including an adult daycare, have been evacuated.
There are no reports of injuries.
Stay with WJZ and CBSBaltimore.com for the latest on this developing story.
Other Local News:
- First Warning WX: Hermine Could Impact Labor Day Weekend In Md.
- Man Attempts to Bring Shotgun Through Security At BWI
- BPD Partners With Comedian Guy Richards to Fight Mental Illness Stigma
- Police: Man Stabs Pregnant Girlfriend In Montgomery County
- Millions of Oysters Coming to Maryland Thanks to $800K Grant