HANOVER, Md. (WJZ)— Several businesses have been evacuated in the 7400-block of Candlewood Road in Hanover as BGE and Anne Arundel County firefighters evaluate reports of an underground fire.
Fire officials say there is a utility emergency at the back of a business building. They believe an underground fire is causing a flair up, and there are both electrical and gas lines there.
BGE is on the scene assisting fire crews.
Around 100 people from several businesses, including an adult daycare, have been evacuated.
There are no reports of injuries.
Stay with WJZ and CBSBaltimore.com for the latest on this developing story.
Other Local News:
- Baltimore Officer Sitting In Patrol Car Shoots Man With Gun
- Hazmat Investigating Sodium Hydroxide Leak After CSX Train Derailment
- Montgomery County Police Wear Special Badge To Honor Fallen Officers
- Marylanders Aiding Ecuador After More Than 600 Are Killed In Earthquakes
- Injured Bald Eagle Found In Charles County