ELLICOTT CITY, Md. (WJZ) — Howard County Police shoot and kill a man threatening them with knives.
According to police, they received a 911 call saying that someone at the home had a knife and was planning to kill the people inside. Police believe that the suspect made the call himself.
When they arrived, they found a 61-year-old man in the front yard with a knife. One officer tried to stop him with a taser, but the man ran inside. He then came back outside and confronted them with a knife.
Officers told him to drop the weapon, but he refused and kept coming toward them.
Two officers fired their guns, killing the man.
This is the second police-involved shooting in Howard County this week.
The officers involved were placed on administrative leave pending the investigation.
Other Local News:
- 5 Shot, 3 Dead In Edgewood Business Park, Suspect At-Large
- Chemical Spill At Hunt Valley Retirement Community Sends 2 To Hospital
- Federal Officials Made Requests To Hold Immigrants In Baltimore
- Police: 4 Dead In Serious Westminster Crash, One Car Was Going 100+ MPH
- 5 People Injured, 1 Killed In Multiple Shootings Tuesday