Man Threatens Victim With Stolen Handgun In Severn
SEVERN, Md. (WJZ)– A man is arrested after threatening to kill a man with a stolen handgun in Severn.
Officers responded to the area of Autumn Lake Court and Indian Drive on Sunday around 7:15 p.m. for an unknown disturbance. The victim told officers that during an argument the suspect displayed a handgun and threatened to kill the victim while he stood on the street outside of the suspect’s residence.
While interviewing the suspect, police say he denied pointing the gun at the victim. At the time officers made the decision to arrest the suspect, he resisted arrest; after a brief struggle, officers were able to subdue the suspect.
Officers then served a search warrant and found two guns inside of the suspect’s home. One of the guns discovered was previously reported stolen during a burglary in North Carolina in January 2013.
Solomon Gilmore, 31, has been charged with first-degree assault, second-degree assault, reckless endangerment, resisting arrest and use of a firearm in the commission of a felony.
Other Local News:
- Costs of Baltimore Civil Unrest Estimated At $50M
- Severe Thunderstorm Warnings, Watches Issued For Parts Of Md.
- Maryland Leaders Request Federal Funds To Help After Baltimore Riots
- Rescue Teams Searching For Missing Man Overboard Near Harford-Cecil Line
- Former Treasurer For Municipal Association Pleads Guilty To Felony Theft