POTOMAC, Md. (WJZ)– Police have issued a warrant for a woman suspected of making anti-Semitic remarks to her former employer.
Police say Amber Edmund, 30, called the owner of Benny’s Bar and Grill located at 7747 Tuckerman Lane after the owner hung an Israeli and American flag outside of his restaurant.
On August 7 around 2:40 a.m. the owner of the restaurant received a phone call on his cell from a blocked number. The owner told police that the anonymous caller made several threats to harm him as well as many anti-Semitic remarks. The suspect also told the owner to remove his Israeli flag from the restaurant.
Detectives were able to determine Edmund’s identity through phone records and have obtained a warrant for her arrest.
Other Local News:
- Md. Comptroller Eyeing Up Big Changes For Daily Fantasy Sports
- Critical Hearing Ahead In Next Trial of Officer Charged in Freddie Gray’s Death
- Police: Boaters Lucky Brawl On Choptank River Didn’t Turn ‘Deadly’
- Family Of Frostburg Football Player Who Died Will Settle Suit With NCAA
- 2 Former Va. Tech Students Indicted In Slaying of Nicole Lovell