POTOMAC, Md. (WJZ)– Police have issued a warrant for a woman suspected of making anti-Semitic remarks to her former employer.
Police say Amber Edmund, 30, called the owner of Benny’s Bar and Grill located at 7747 Tuckerman Lane after the owner hung an Israeli and American flag outside of his restaurant.
On August 7 around 2:40 a.m. the owner of the restaurant received a phone call on his cell from a blocked number. The owner told police that the anonymous caller made several threats to harm him as well as many anti-Semitic remarks. The suspect also told the owner to remove his Israeli flag from the restaurant.
Detectives were able to determine Edmund’s identity through phone records and have obtained a warrant for her arrest.
Other Local News:
- Md. Boy, 8, Found In Cruise Ship Pool Airlifted, Hospitalized
- New Trial Granted For Adnan Syed, Subject Of ‘Serial’ Podcast
- Fans Of Slain Rapper ‘Lor Scoota’ Remember Him Through Music
- All Clear At Joint Base Andrews After ‘Miscommunication’ Over Active Shooter
- Complaint Filed Against Mosby Calls Her ‘A Runaway Prosecutor’