BALTIMORE (WJZ)—The Horseshoe Casino opened its doors Tuesday night and the people just keep coming.
Marcus Washington has more on what brought people out again Wednesday.
When the Horseshoe opened its doors Tuesday night, thousands waited in line to get in.
“But I did come down yesterday; I ultimately changed my mind. I had a nice time and I won. I think I’m going to try my luck again and come again,” said Yvette McLaurin.
And for some, they just never left.
“I’ve been here since 10 last night,” said Mace Scott. “I won big.”
Opening night saw 15,000 visitors playing some of their favorite games.
“Craps, blackjack,” Scott said.
“I play the slots,” said Tom Chalk.
And they say it was worth every minute of the wait.
“I’m glad I’m not at the Live casino because I lose there,” Chalk said.
“The casino opened up last night and I wanted to get a first shot at winning some big money,” Scott said.
Many visitors say this is the place they plan to come to again and again, hoping to win big each time.
“I’ll be back here all the time,” Chalk said.
The casino employs more than 2,400 people; over half of those are Baltimore City residents.
Other Local News:
- 90-Year-Old Baltimore Woman Critical After Home Invasion
- Baltimore Primary Ballots Still Being Counted, Pugh and Dixon Separated By Just a Few Thousand Votes
- Report: Prince Tried to Meet With Doctor Before His Death
- Towson Univ. Police ID Suspect Wanted In Peeping Tom Incident
- New Study: Medical Errors Are 3rd Leading Cause For Death In US