TOWSON, Md. (WJZ) — A big honor for the superintendent of Baltimore County Public Schools.
Dr. Dallas Dance has been appointed to the president’s advisory commission on education excellence for African Americans.
President Obama announced numerous nominations and appointments to key administration posts Thursday.
“I am grateful that these impressive individuals have chosen to dedicate their talents to serving the American people at this important time for our country,” President Obama said. “I look forward to working with them in the months and years ahead.”
Dance has been Baltimore County’s superintendent since 2012. He was previously chief school officer for the Houston Independent School District from 2010 to 2012.
Dance received a B.A. from Virginia Union University and an M.Ed. and Ph.D. from Virginia Commonwealth University.
Other Local News:
- No, The Berger Cookie Bakery Did Not Get Shut Down For Roaches
- Obama Administration Confirms Double-Digit Premium Hikes
- Md. Attorney General Asked For Opinion On Legality Of Topless Women
- After Shooting, Police Activity Surrounds New Eastern Inn In Elkton
- Md. Olympic Champ Runner Tweets He Was On Deadly Australian Theme Park Ride