TOWSON, Md. (WJZ) — A big honor for the superintendent of Baltimore County Public Schools.
Dr. Dallas Dance has been appointed to the president’s advisory commission on education excellence for African Americans.
President Obama announced numerous nominations and appointments to key administration posts Thursday.
“I am grateful that these impressive individuals have chosen to dedicate their talents to serving the American people at this important time for our country,” President Obama said. “I look forward to working with them in the months and years ahead.”
Dance has been Baltimore County’s superintendent since 2012. He was previously chief school officer for the Houston Independent School District from 2010 to 2012.
Dance received a B.A. from Virginia Union University and an M.Ed. and Ph.D. from Virginia Commonwealth University.
Other Local News:
- Delaware Man Dies In Head-On Crash In Maryland
- Police Resolve Barricade/Hostage Situation Peacefully; Woman, 2 Children Unharmed
- Dozens Displaced After Fire Rips Through Apartment Building
- Fire Causes Extensive Damage To Glen Burnie Home
- Police Seek Person Who Made Fake Bomb Threat At Frito Lay Warehouse