BALTIMORE, Md. (WJZ)– The Maryland Zoo in Baltimore is happy to announce the hatching of three Von der Decken’s hornbill chicks in the African Aviary.
“We are excited to have a successful clutch of chicks only a year after bringing this species to the Zoo,” stated Jen Kottyan, Avian Collection and Conservation Manager at The Maryland Zoo.
The eggs were laid between the June 14 and June 19th. They hatched between July 11 to July 13. The birds are just learning to fly and they are acclimating well to all the other birds in the Aviary.
Zoo visitors can now see the Von der Decken’s in the African Aviary.
Other Local News:
- Police: 2 Dead, 4 Total Shot in Waldorf; Appears Domestic-Related
- Rockville High Increase Security Due to Threats in Wake of Rape Case
- UK Parliament Attack Suspect Identified
- Hundreds Of Convictions Could Be Vacated After Officers’ Indictments
- White Veteran Charged With Murder Of Black Man As Hate Crime