Maryland Zoo In Baltimore Welcomes 3 Von Der Decken’s Hornbill Chicks
Get Breaking News First
BALTIMORE, Md. (WJZ)– The Maryland Zoo in Baltimore is happy to announce the hatching of three Von der Decken’s hornbill chicks in the African Aviary.
“We are excited to have a successful clutch of chicks only a year after bringing this species to the Zoo,” stated Jen Kottyan, Avian Collection and Conservation Manager at The Maryland Zoo.
The eggs were laid between the June 14 and June 19th. They hatched between July 11 to July 13. The birds are just learning to fly and they are acclimating well to all the other birds in the Aviary.
Zoo visitors can now see the Von der Decken’s in the African Aviary.
Other Local News:
- Ray Rice Indefinite Suspension Appeal Hearing Set For Nov. 5
- 3 Anne Arundel Co. Employees Disciplined After Making Noose, Joking About It
- 7 People In Custody After Fights Break Out At Overlea High
- NJ Gov. Chris Christie Visits Bethesda To Support Larry Hogan
- Lawmaker Blasts Baltimore Murder Suspect’s Release