Maryland Zoo In Baltimore Welcomes 3 Von Der Decken’s Hornbill Chicks
BALTIMORE, Md. (WJZ)– The Maryland Zoo in Baltimore is happy to announce the hatching of three Von der Decken’s hornbill chicks in the African Aviary.
“We are excited to have a successful clutch of chicks only a year after bringing this species to the Zoo,” stated Jen Kottyan, Avian Collection and Conservation Manager at The Maryland Zoo.
The eggs were laid between the June 14 and June 19th. They hatched between July 11 to July 13. The birds are just learning to fly and they are acclimating well to all the other birds in the Aviary.
Zoo visitors can now see the Von der Decken’s in the African Aviary.
Other Local News:
- Molly Shattuck Will Not Face Additional Charges In Baltimore County
- Travelers, Be Wary Of Scammers At The Pump This Labor Day Weekend
- 10-Year-Old Latest Victim Of Bloody Summer For Baltimore Youth
- 2 Dulaney High School Students Shot By Pellet Gun Running Cross Country
- Mistrial Declared For Man Accused Of Shooting Off-Duty Officer