Orioles Acquire OF De Aza From White Sox
Buy Orioles Tickets
BALTIMORE (WJZ) — The Orioles acquire OF Alejandro De Aza from the Chicago White Sox.
The team made the announcement Saturday in exchange for minor league RHP Miguel Chalas and RHP Mark Blackmar.
De Aza, 30, batted .243/.309/.354 (96-395) with five home runs, 31 RBI and 15 stolen bases in 122 games for the White Sox in 2014. In 545 career major league games, De Aza is a .268/.331/.398 hitter. De Aza has a .986 career fielding percentage in the major leagues and has seen action at all three outfield positions.
Chalas, 22, was 3-4 with a 4.48 ERA (76.1IP, 38ER) in 30 relief appearances between Triple-A Norfolk (two games) and Class-A Frederick (28 games). Over five minor league seasons in the Orioles organization, Chalas was 24-21 with a 3.73 ERA (405.2IP, 168ER).
Blackmar, 22, was 10-1 with a 3.18 ERA (130.1IP, 46ER) in 26 games (18 starts) for Frederick in 2014. In four seasons in the Orioles organization, Blackmar was 21-13 with a 3.75 ERA (297.1IP, 124ER).
Other Local News:
- FBI Searching For Masked Men Behind Series Of Robberies In Canton
- Holiday Cheer Has Arrived In And Around Charm City
- Dislodged Boom Strikes Overpass, Snarling Traffic On I-695 Outer Loop
- 68 Marijuana Plants Recovered In Northwest Baltimore City
- Md. Army Reservists Deploying To West Africa To Assist In Ebola Efforts