BALTIMORE (WJZ) — The Orioles acquire OF Alejandro De Aza from the Chicago White Sox.
The team made the announcement Saturday in exchange for minor league RHP Miguel Chalas and RHP Mark Blackmar.
De Aza, 30, batted .243/.309/.354 (96-395) with five home runs, 31 RBI and 15 stolen bases in 122 games for the White Sox in 2014. In 545 career major league games, De Aza is a .268/.331/.398 hitter. De Aza has a .986 career fielding percentage in the major leagues and has seen action at all three outfield positions.
Chalas, 22, was 3-4 with a 4.48 ERA (76.1IP, 38ER) in 30 relief appearances between Triple-A Norfolk (two games) and Class-A Frederick (28 games). Over five minor league seasons in the Orioles organization, Chalas was 24-21 with a 3.73 ERA (405.2IP, 168ER).
Blackmar, 22, was 10-1 with a 3.18 ERA (130.1IP, 46ER) in 26 games (18 starts) for Frederick in 2014. In four seasons in the Orioles organization, Blackmar was 21-13 with a 3.75 ERA (297.1IP, 124ER).
Other Local News:
- Parents Call For Portable AC Units For Baltimore County Schools
- 14 Arrested In Raids Related to $16 Million Food Stamp Fraud
- Maryland inmate gets 30 years for fatally beating cellmate
- Gov. Hogan Announces New Md. License Plate, Bay Crossing Study
- Labor Dept. Sues Md. Contractor Over Alleged Discrimination