BALTIMORE (WJZ) — The Orioles acquire OF Alejandro De Aza from the Chicago White Sox.
The team made the announcement Saturday in exchange for minor league RHP Miguel Chalas and RHP Mark Blackmar.
De Aza, 30, batted .243/.309/.354 (96-395) with five home runs, 31 RBI and 15 stolen bases in 122 games for the White Sox in 2014. In 545 career major league games, De Aza is a .268/.331/.398 hitter. De Aza has a .986 career fielding percentage in the major leagues and has seen action at all three outfield positions.
Chalas, 22, was 3-4 with a 4.48 ERA (76.1IP, 38ER) in 30 relief appearances between Triple-A Norfolk (two games) and Class-A Frederick (28 games). Over five minor league seasons in the Orioles organization, Chalas was 24-21 with a 3.73 ERA (405.2IP, 168ER).
Blackmar, 22, was 10-1 with a 3.18 ERA (130.1IP, 46ER) in 26 games (18 starts) for Frederick in 2014. In four seasons in the Orioles organization, Blackmar was 21-13 with a 3.75 ERA (297.1IP, 124ER).
Other Local News:
- Mayor Pugh Vetoes $15 Minimum Wage Bill, Workers, Business Owners React
- Police Discover Sex Trafficking Ring Suspect, After He Is Stopped For Medical Emergency
- Baby Boy Killed, Babysitter Injured After Family Dog Attacks
- Pope Francis Sends Condolences On Cardinal Keeler’s Death
- Gov. Hogan on City School Deficit: ‘Getting Close But Not There Yet’