BALTIMORE (WJZ) — The Orioles acquire OF Alejandro De Aza from the Chicago White Sox.
The team made the announcement Saturday in exchange for minor league RHP Miguel Chalas and RHP Mark Blackmar.
De Aza, 30, batted .243/.309/.354 (96-395) with five home runs, 31 RBI and 15 stolen bases in 122 games for the White Sox in 2014. In 545 career major league games, De Aza is a .268/.331/.398 hitter. De Aza has a .986 career fielding percentage in the major leagues and has seen action at all three outfield positions.
Chalas, 22, was 3-4 with a 4.48 ERA (76.1IP, 38ER) in 30 relief appearances between Triple-A Norfolk (two games) and Class-A Frederick (28 games). Over five minor league seasons in the Orioles organization, Chalas was 24-21 with a 3.73 ERA (405.2IP, 168ER).
Blackmar, 22, was 10-1 with a 3.18 ERA (130.1IP, 46ER) in 26 games (18 starts) for Frederick in 2014. In four seasons in the Orioles organization, Blackmar was 21-13 with a 3.75 ERA (297.1IP, 124ER).
Other Local News:
- ACLU Requests Body Cam Footage Of BPD’s Interaction With Residents During Slain Cop Investigation
- 29-Year-Old Man Shot In South Baltimore, Police Asking People With Information To Come Forward
- Lawsuit Claims Johns Hopkins Favored Out-Of-State Patients Over Locals
- Legos, Lights, And Latkes To Celebrate The Third Night Of Hanukkah
- Deputy Chief Fire Marshal Killed While Trying To Rescue Someone To Be Laid To Rest