BALTIMORE (WJZ) — The Orioles acquire OF Alejandro De Aza from the Chicago White Sox.
The team made the announcement Saturday in exchange for minor league RHP Miguel Chalas and RHP Mark Blackmar.
De Aza, 30, batted .243/.309/.354 (96-395) with five home runs, 31 RBI and 15 stolen bases in 122 games for the White Sox in 2014. In 545 career major league games, De Aza is a .268/.331/.398 hitter. De Aza has a .986 career fielding percentage in the major leagues and has seen action at all three outfield positions.
Chalas, 22, was 3-4 with a 4.48 ERA (76.1IP, 38ER) in 30 relief appearances between Triple-A Norfolk (two games) and Class-A Frederick (28 games). Over five minor league seasons in the Orioles organization, Chalas was 24-21 with a 3.73 ERA (405.2IP, 168ER).
Blackmar, 22, was 10-1 with a 3.18 ERA (130.1IP, 46ER) in 26 games (18 starts) for Frederick in 2014. In four seasons in the Orioles organization, Blackmar was 21-13 with a 3.75 ERA (297.1IP, 124ER).
Other Local News:
- QA Co. Deputy Shot In December Discharged From Hospital
- Local Performers React To Barnum & Bailey Circus Closing
- Henrietta Lacks’s Family Brings Awareness To Cervical Health Month
- Rep. Anthony Brown To Skip Inauguration; Cites ‘Verbal Attack’ On John Lewis
- Thousands Take Part In Baltimore’s 17th Annual MLK Day Parade