OAKLAND, Md. (WJZ) — One Maryland town takes top honors for the best town in the country to see fall colors.
That town is Oakland in Garrett County.
Travel and Leisure Magazine named Oakland the best for leaf-peeping — thanks primarily to the enchanting fall colors found at Swallow Falls State Park.
Oakland will host the 47th annual Autumn Glory Festival on October 8-12.
Other Local News:
- Reaction As New Details Released In Investigation Of Slain Baltimore Detective
- Cybersecurity Company To Expand Headquarters To Columbia
- 2 Maryland Companies To Study Medical Marijuana Vaping
- Former Raven Ed Reed Gives 400 Turkeys To Baltimore Boarding School
- Baltimore County Public Elementary Schools Being Upgraded With New Security Equipment