OAKLAND, Md. (WJZ) — One Maryland town takes top honors for the best town in the country to see fall colors.
That town is Oakland in Garrett County.
Travel and Leisure Magazine named Oakland the best for leaf-peeping — thanks primarily to the enchanting fall colors found at Swallow Falls State Park.
Oakland will host the 47th annual Autumn Glory Festival on October 8-12.
Other Local News:
- BWI’s Bomb-Sniffing Dogs Expected To Be Busy For Record-Breaking Summer
- 2 Arrested For Shooting That Left Victim In Critical Condition
- MD Fire Marshal Investigating Possible Serial Arsonist In Cecil County
- Trial Of Man Charged In Md. Police Station Attack Postponed
- Police Need Your Help To Find Dog Stolen From Baltimore Co. Yard