GLEN BURNIE, Md. (WJZ) — The Glen Burnie Rotary Club has donated 12 Google Chromebook’s to students in Corkran Middle School’s Advancement Via Individual Determination program.
The devices give students the opportunity to research, view tutorial programs and complete class assignments as part of the AVID program. AVID helps students with average academic levels gain the necessary skills to get admitted to college and to excel in rigorous coursework. Corkran is applying to be a national demonstration school for the program.
“This is an outstanding addition to our program,” Corkran Principal Adam Zetwick said. “Our students and our staff do incredible things in our classrooms, and the partnership of organizations like the Rotary opens even more doors to success.”
The $4,000 computers were purchased with the help of club member donations and the Rotary Foundation. Helping Teachers Teach contributed $1,000 for device charging carts.
Other Local News:
- 1 Injured After Tractor-Trailers, Cars Collide On I-95
- Cleanup Underway As Severe Thunderstorms Leave Path Of Destruction In Baltimore Region
- Suspicious Package Reported At Baltimore Courthouse
- Maryland Fleet Week And Air Show Returns To Baltimore In October
- Local Non-Profits Building Community Garden Accessible For Senior Citizens