ESSEX, Md. (WJZ) – Baltimore County police say the caller who reported an unfounded gunman on the Community College of Baltimore County Essex’s campus has been taken to the hospital for evaluation.
Shortly before noon, Baltimore County police said there was a report of a person on the campus with a gun, but then 13 minutes later they confirmed there was no shooter and no gun.
#BCoPD has confirmed that there was no shooter and no gun at CCBC Essex. Police are speaking with the complainant now.^JW
— BACO Public Safety (@BACOPoliceFire) November 21, 2014
Police said the caller stated that someone had pointed a gun at him and was going to shoot him. Police immediately called resources to the campus to prepare for the gunman.
When the police found the caller and interviewed him, they found out there was no gunman and no gun.
The caller has been taken to a local hospital for evaluation.
This story is developing stay with CBSBaltimore.com for the latest.
Other Local News:
- Police Looking to Identify Individuals in Quantico Ave. Shooting
- Baltimore Priest Suspended For Alleged Abuse Of Child In The 1970s
- Job Alert: Macy’s Is Hiring Cosmetic Advisors In Baltimore
- U.S. Naval Academy Plebes Climbing Herndon Monument
- Former Baltimore Police Commissioner Appears In Court, No Longer Allowed To Carry