MOUNT AIRY, Md. (WJZ) — Howard County Police are investigating a single-vehicle collision on Shaffersville Road Friday night that killed one man.
Police say around 11:57 p.m. a 2001 Ford F-350 pick-up truck was traveling northbound on Shaffersville Road between Shaffers Mill Road & Long Corner Road when it left the roadway and struck a tree.
James Nicholas Dejordy, 26, of Clarksville died at the scene while five other occupants were transported to Maryland Shock Trauma in Baltimore where they are in stable condition.
Shaffersville Road was closed to thru traffic until 4:30 a.m. Saturday.
Other Local News:
- WJZ’s Mike Schuh, Rick Ritter And Tim Williams Bring Home Local Emmy Awards
- Hogan Rallies For Redmer In Baltimore Co. Exec. Race
- Man Dies After Falling While Rock Climbing In Harford Co.
- 86-Year-Old Pedestrian Killed In Baltimore Co. Crash
- Police Interview Withheld In Trial Of Boyfriend Accused Of Killing Howard Co. Teacher