FREDERICK, Md. (AP) — Authorities say three people were sickened by fumes from a combination of cleaning products at a residential community clubhouse near Frederick.

The Frederick News-Post (http://bit.ly/1MxnPax ) reports that all three were treated at the scene Tuesday afternoon by paramedics. None were taken to the hospital.

Lt. Rick Stitely of the Frederick County Division of Fire and Rescue Services says three people working in a clubhouse at the Worman’s Mill subdivision reported flu-like symptoms.

He says somebody who rented the building for an event had apparently mixed the chemicals together, and the workers had a reaction.

Stitely says hazardous materials teams from the county and nearby Fort Detrick determined after several hours that the fumes had dissipated.
——
Information from: The Frederick (Md.) News-Post, http://www.fredericknewspost.com

(Copyright 2015 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

Comments

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s

Watch & Listen LIVE