BALTIMORE (WJZ)—The Orioles home opener is one day away and highway officials are advising motorists to expect higher than normal traffic on I-95/I-395.
With major roadwork currently on I-95 south of the Fort McHenry Tunnel, highway officials share some tips so you can get to the game on time.
Currently, all northbound I-95 traffic lanes shift to the right between Caton Avenue (Exit 50) and Russell Street (Exit 52).
Continuing on northbound I-95, traffic lanes split with three lanes to the left and one lane to the right from Exit 54 (Hanover Street) to Exit 55 (Key Highway).
- To use Exit 54 or Exit 55, traffic MUST be in the right lane prior to the split at Exit 54.
- Traffic entering northbound I-95 from I-395 will use Fort McHenry Tunnel Bore 4 (right tube). E-ZPass is accepted in all toll lanes.
- Delays anticipated on southbound I-395 leaving Baltimore City – use Key Highway to access northbound I-95 instead.
Currently, southbound I-95 traffic lanes split after the Fort McHenry Tunnel with two lanes to the left and two lanes to the right.
- Prior to entering the Fort McHenry Tunnel, motorists must stay right to access Exit 55 (Key Highway), Exit 53 (I-395) and Exit 52 (MD 295). Thru traffic stay to the left.
- E-ZPass is accepted in all toll lanes.
For more information including alternate routes CLICK HERE.