BALTIMORE (WJZ)–Frito-Lay announced a voluntary recall of select Rold Gold pretzels due to a potential undeclared peanut allergen.
The company says the recall includes:
- Rold Gold Tiny Twists – 1 oz. , 2 oz., 16 oz. and 20½ oz.
- Rold Gold Thins – 4 oz. and 16 oz.
- Rold Gold Sticks – 16 oz.
- Rold Gold Honey Wheat Braided – 10 oz.
“This recall is the direct result of a recent recall by a Frito-Lay supplier of certain lots of flour for undeclared peanut residue,” says the company. “The Rold Gold products subject to the recall may have been produced using the recalled flour and, as a result, these Rold Gold products may contain low levels of undeclared peanut residue.”
The affected Rold Gold packages are sold in retail stores throughout the United States and have “guaranteed fresh” dates ranging from June 28, 2016 – August 23, 2016 on the front of the package.
Directly underneath the “guaranteed fresh” date is a 9-digit manufacturing code that includes the numbers “32” in the second and third position (example: x32xxxxxx).
It is important to note that products that do not include 32 in the second and third positions of the manufacturing code are not impacted,” Frito-Lay says.
The Rold Gold Tiny Twists are also included in select multipack offerings. The impacted multipacks have “use by” dates on the front of the package.
- 20 count Baked & Popped Mix — “use by” dates ranging from May 31 – July 26, 2016
- 20 count SunChips & Rold Gold Mix — “use by” dates ranging from June 14 – August 9, 2016
- 32 count Fun Times Mix — “use by” dates ranging from June 14 – August 9, 2016
- 30 count Baked & Popped Variety Pack — “use by” dates ranging from June 14 – August 9, 2016
- 30 count Home Town Favorite Variety Pack — “use by” dates ranging from May 31 – July 26, 2016
To date, Frito-Lay has received no reports of illness related to the products covered by this recall. No other Rold Gold products or flavors are impacted
For more information CLICK HERE.