BALTIMORE (WJZ) — Today federal and local authorities announced federal charges against 21 alleged members of a violent Baltimore City gang.
Police say the 21 men indicted are all members of the notorious gang known as the “Hillside Enterprise”, a group reportedly responsible for a slew of violent shootings and murders in the Cherry Hill area of Baltimore City.
“Sometimes I don’t even look at the news because it is so depressing.”, says one Cherry Hill resident.
On Friday, federal and local officials announced a number of those suspected of wreaking havoc in Cherry Hill either have been or will soon be taken off the streets.
“We’re her to announce the federal indictment of 21 defendants” says U.S. Attorney, Rod Rosenstein, “who are alleged to be part of a gang that has operated since 2002.”
Each alleged gang member has been charged with being part of a drug distribution conspiracy.
According to court documents, since 2002 the criminal organization used the Cherry Hill shopping center as their primary drug distribution center.
Court documents reveal that the gang reportedly sold “cocaine, crack, heroin, oxycodine and marijuana” and used everything from “shootings, beatings, murders and other violence” to further their goals.
“You’ll see children who have been shot, you’ll see people who have been shot” says Baltimore City Police Commissioner, Kevin Davis, “totally innocent victims who suffered.”
Their youngest murder victim is 13-years-old and their youngest shooting victim is was only 9-years-old.
The following 13 members are currently in custody:
- 31-year-old Jerryan “Rhino” Burrell
- 24-year-old Delonte “Ziggy” Conley
- 24-year-old Christopher “Scarface” Dukes
- 22-year-old Michael “Pee Wee” Evans
- 25-year-old Marcus “Black” Johnson
- 24-year-old Keenan “Blackface” Lawson
- 20-year-old Cintront ” Snitch/Lil Cuz” Lynn
- 38-year-old Van “Butt Butt” McNutt
- 21-year-old Devin “Donkey/Dick Butkus” Rodgers
- 20-year-old Daniel “June Bug” Seawell
- 20-year-old Michael “Papers” Truehart
- 29-year-old Robert “Beanhead” White
- 25-year-old Lemar “Mar/Tutta” Williams
These 8 members are still at large and wanted by the police:
- 29-year-old Deaven “Gotti” Cherry
- 28-year-old Terrell “Relly” Luster
- 24-year-old Travis “Sticks” Alewine
- 25-year-old Marshon ” Killer” Floyd
- 22-year-old Leonard ” Nard” Chase
- 24-year old Kevin “What What” Horsey
- 26-year-old Stevie “GB” Lawson
- 24-year-old Caesar “Stinky” Roce
“You’re on our radar, you’re on the state’s attorney radar” says Daniel Board of ATF Baltimore, “you’re on the US attorney’s radar.”
Officials say that out of the 21 people charged, 11 face enhanced sentences for murder.
“It’s just another example of how working together, we can go after the worst of the worst” says Baltimore State Attorney, Marilyn Mosby.
All alleged gang members face a mandatory 10 years in prison and maximum life sentences.