Cosby Can’t Attend Accuser’s Deposition In Defamation Suit

PHILADELPHIA (AP) — A federal judge in Philadelphia has barred Bill Cosby from attending the deposition his accuser gives in her defamation suit against a former district attorney.

But the judge says Cosby’s lawyers can review the deposition afterward to be sure Andrea Constand didn’t violate the confidential settlement of her 2005 lawsuit against Cosby.

The 79-year-old Cosby is awaiting trial in June over charges he drugged and molested Constand in 2004.

She has since sued the prosecutor who declined to prosecute Cosby at the time. Constand says Bruce Castor defamed her when he said that Constand had changed her story over time.

U.S. District Judge Eduardo Robreno also ruled Monday that Cosby can’t participate in the deposition of Castor’s then-deputy. She reopened the case last year amid new evidence.

Copyright 2016 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Baltimore

Track Weather On The Go With Our App!
Your Podcast Network

Listen Live