Fire Marshal: Propane Leak Caused Explosion in Mobile Home

PRINCESS ANNE, Md. (AP) — Officials say a propane gas leak led to an explosion and fire in a Somerset County mobile home that left a woman dead.

The State Fire Marshal’s Office said in a news release Tuesday that 66-year-old Peggy Jean Merritt died of injuries, including smoke inhalation, sustained in the Feb. 2 fire.

Authorities say Merritt, who owned the mobile home in Princess Anne, was trapped in the residence and was rescued by firefighters. She died at a hospital.

Officials say the explosion occurred when a propane gas leak was ignited. The fire was ruled to be accidental.

Damage was estimated at $60,000.

 

Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Comments

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Baltimore

Track Weather On The Go With Our App!
Your Podcast Network Play.it

Watch & Listen LIVE