PRINCESS ANNE, Md. (AP) — Family members of eight people who died from carbon monoxide poisoning in Princess Anne are now suing Delmarva Power.Media outlets report that on April 5, 2015, 36-year-old Rodney Todd and his seven children were found dead inside their home from apparent carbon monoxide poisoning. Police ruled the deaths accidental.Online court records show that Todd’s ex-wife, Tyisha Chambers, and his mother, Bonnie Edwards, filed lawsuits Monday.
The lawsuits — one filed on behalf of the seven children, the other filed on behalf of Todd’s estate — claim Delmarva Power had a duty to use reasonable care when they removed an electric meter from the home. The lawsuits say that as a result of Delmarva Power removing the meter, Todd and his children died.
Delmarva Power hasn’t returned a request for comment.
Follow @CBSBaltimore on Twitter and like WJZ-TV | CBS Baltimore on Facebook
(© Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)