PRINCESS ANNE, Md. (AP) — Family members of eight people who died from carbon monoxide poisoning in Princess Anne are now suing Delmarva Power.Media outlets report that on April 5, 2015, 36-year-old Rodney Todd and his seven children were found dead inside their home from apparent carbon monoxide poisoning. Police ruled the deaths accidental.Online court records show that Todd’s ex-wife, Tyisha Chambers, and his mother, Bonnie Edwards, filed lawsuits Monday.

The lawsuits — one filed on behalf of the seven children, the other filed on behalf of Todd’s estate — claim Delmarva Power had a duty to use reasonable care when they removed an electric meter from the home. The lawsuits say that as a result of Delmarva Power removing the meter, Todd and his children died.

Delmarva Power hasn’t returned a request for comment.

Follow @CBSBaltimore on Twitter and like WJZ-TV | CBS Baltimore on Facebook

(© Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)


Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

More From CBS Baltimore

Track Weather On The Go With Our App!
CBS All Access

Watch & Listen LIVE