Relatives of 8 Poisoned Sue Utility That Cut Off Power

PRINCESS ANNE, Md. (AP) — Relatives of a family of eight who died from carbon monoxide poisoning are suing Delmarva Power, saying the utility failed to use reasonable care when it cut off electricity to the home.

Rodney Todd, a divorced father and kitchen worker trying to raise seven children on his minimum wage salary, moved into the Princess Anne rental home a month after the utility removed a stolen meter, cutting off power.

The gas-powered generator Todd used for electricity poisoned them as they slept on April 5, 2015, authorities determined, ruling the deaths accidental.

Online court records show Todd’s ex-wife, Tyisha Chambers, and his mother, Bonnie Edwards, filed suit on Monday.

Delmarva Power hasn’t returned a request for comment.

Follow @CBSBaltimore on Twitter and like WJZ-TV | CBS Baltimore on Facebook

Comments

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Baltimore

Track Weather On The Go With Our App!
Your Podcast Network Play.it

Listen Live