Improperly Discarded Cigarette Material Cause Of Lanvale Towers Fire

BALTIMORE (WJZ)–Baltimore City fire officials have concluded that a 2-alarm fire at Lanvale Towers last month was caused by cigarette material that wasn’t properly discarded.

RELATED: More Than 170 People Displaced After 2-Alarm Fire In East Baltimore High-Rise

The fire that happened in the 1300 block of East Lanvale Street displaced 170 residents.

“It was unfortunate that the residents of Lanvale Towers were without a place to stay,” said Chief Niles R. Ford. “Fortunately, no one was injured and everyone was able to escape safely.”

Baltimore Housing, the American Red Cross and building management worked with residents to find temporary shelter and provided other resources for those who needed it.

Follow @CBSBaltimore on Twitter and like WJZ-TV | CBS Baltimore on Facebook

 

Comments

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Baltimore

Track Weather On The Go With Our App!
Your Podcast Network Play.it
CBS All Access

Watch & Listen LIVE