BALTIMORE (WJZ) — Businesses were evacuated and streets were closed for hours following a gas leak in Towson.
Crews have since repaired the leak in the 100 block of E. Joppa Rd. and nearby Virginia Avenue after a contractor struck a service line, near the Towson movie theater.
Some buildings were evacuated until the source of the gas could be found.
Nearby businesses were evacuated as a precaution, but everyone returned to those buildings.
Streets were closed from the circle to Virginia Ave., but have been reopened.
There were no customer outages caused by the leak, according to BGE.