By Pat Warren

BALTIMORE (WJZ) — A gas leak in a Baltimore County senior living center forced an evacuation Friday morning.

It happened at the Erikson Oak Crest Village in Parkville in the 8800 block of Walther Blvd just before 11 a.m.

A gas line was apparently damaged during some construction outside the building. In the process of the evacuation, two people were transported to a nearby facility for observation.

“They met with Erikson representatives immediately who helped us logistically ensure that all residents were safe by providing an area of refuse for anyone who did not need medical attention,” said Captain Julia Dillard of the Baltimore County of Fire Department.

Erikson Living in a statement said:

“Leadership took immediate steps to evacuate both staff and residents from the facility. A total of 125 residents and staff were evacuated from the building as a result of the gas leak.”

“The Erikson representatives provided an on-site refuge with staff and medical personnel for anyone that needed to be evacuated from their building,” Dillard said.

There were no injuries or serious medical issues reported.

The work will continue Saturday.

Other accommodations are being provided for residents tonight.

Follow @CBSBaltimore on Twitter and like WJZ-TV | CBS Baltimore on Facebook

Comments

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s

Watch & Listen LIVE