BALTIMORE (WJZ) —  Students and staff were evacuated from a building after an emergency hazmat situation at Carroll Community College Tuesday afternoon.

Sky Eye Chopper 13 was over the scene in Westminster this evening.

Crews tell WJZ some ammonium chloride overheated in a room inside Building K leading to a build-up of toxic fumes.

The school canceled activities in that building for the rest of the night. There was no report of any injuries.

Follow @CBSBaltimore on Twitter and like WJZ-TV | CBS Baltimore on Facebook

Comments

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Baltimore

Track Weather On The Go With Our App!
CBS All Access
Download Our App

Watch & Listen LIVE