BALTIMORE (WJZ) — Two people are in critical condition after an explosion from a homemade fire pit in Monkton Sunday night.

Investigators tell WJZ the victims were reportedly using a washing machine as a fire pit.

Baltimore County Police and Fire say it happened at the 16500 block of JM Pearce Road, just after 9 p.m.

Police say four people, one of whom was a child, were taken to the hospital. Two of the victims were flown to Maryland Shock Trauma in critical condition.

The HAZMAT team was reportedly requested.

This story is being updated.

Follow @CBSBaltimore on Twitter and like WJZ-TV | CBS Baltimore on Facebook

Comments

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Baltimore

Track Weather On The Go With Our App!
CBS All Access
Download Our App

Watch & Listen LIVE