TEMPLE HILLS, Md. (AP) — Investigators in Prince George’s County say a malfunctioning electrical outlet caused a house fire that killed a woman and her adult son.

A spokesman for the fire department said in a statement Monday that there were no working fire alarms in the Temple Hills house that burned on Nov. 15.

Officials say 83-year-old Louvenia Goldson and her son, 62-year-old Eugene Goldson, who lived in the home, died at a hospital after being removed from the basement of the home.

Anyone who in Prince George’s County needs a working smoke alarm but cannot afford or install one is urged to call 311. A firefighter will install a smoke alarm for free.

Follow @CBSBaltimore on Twitter and like WJZ-TV | CBS Baltimore on Facebook

(© Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

Comments

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Baltimore

Track Weather On The Go With Our App!
CBS All Access
Download Our App

Watch & Listen LIVE