BALTIMORE  (WJZ) — A family of six has been displaced after a townhouse fire in Laurel.

The fire started around 4 a.m. Wednesday in the 7800 block of Carissa Lane.

Firefighters were able to contain the fire and keep it from impacting other neighboring town homes. Four adults and two children made it out of the home safely.

Sadly, the family did not have renter’s insurance, according to the City of Laurel. The Red Cross is assisting them, but they lost everything.

Officials say the fire may have been started by an unattended candle.

Follow @CBSBaltimore on Twitter and like WJZ-TV | CBS Baltimore on Facebook

Comments

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Baltimore

Track Weather On The Go With Our App!
CBS All Access
Download Our App

Watch & Listen LIVE