BALTIMORE (WJZ) — A Maryland man is in the hospital after his e-cigarette exploded while he was changing the batteries.

The Maryland State Fire Marshal’s Office reports the incident happened Sunday, just after 8:15 p.m., in the 800 block of Lee Ave. in Sykesville.

Authorities report the e-cigarette exploded after the batteries were changed, and the victim, identified as Michael Henry, received burns on 18 percent of his body.

Henry was taken to Johns Hopkins Bayview Burn Center to be treated for the burns.

No further details have been released at this time.

Follow @CBSBaltimore on Twitter and like WJZ-TV | CBS Baltimore on Facebook

Comments

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Baltimore

Track Weather On The Go With Our App!
CBS All Access
Download Our App

Watch & Listen LIVE