Health Topic Center
CBS Baltimore Health News
- Sugar Free Initiatives Bill To Be Introduced Baltimore City Council prepares to tackle what some consider a huge health issue--sugary drinks.
- Former Players: NFL Teams 'Conspired' To Push Painkillers Hundreds of former players have filed a lawsuit claiming all 32 NFL teams, their doctors, trainers and medical staffs obtained and provided painkillers to players -- often illegally -- as part of a decades-long conspiracy to keep them on the field...
- Ceremony Honors First Responders & Hero Children Setting aside one day to honor those who save lives every day---not just first responders but also Maryland citizens.
- Maryland Reports 21 Percent Increase In Fatal Overdoses Maryland's health department says the state had a 21 percent increase in fatal drug overdoses in 2014, compared to the previous year.
- Former Beauty Queen Taking Drastic Steps To Avoid Breast Cancer An update on a story we first brought you two years ago. A former beauty queen from Maryland makes a brave decision—removing both of her breasts because most of her female relatives died of breast cancer.
- Doctor With Rape Conviction Settles Wrongful Death Lawsuit A doctor who got a Maryland medical license despite his Florida rape conviction has settled a wrongful death lawsuit in Baltimore County.
- U.S. In Grip Of What Experts Call 'Pollen Tsunami' If you have red, itchy eyes or stuffed-up sinuses, you are not alone. Allergy experts across the country are warning of a "pollen tsunami."
- Health Dept. Expands Screening For Tuberculosis At Catonsville High Eleven more people are being asked to get screened for tuberculosis within a Baltimore County high school community.
- New Details About Tech Mogul David Goldberg's Death Autopsy results suggest that 47-year-old David Goldberg had a heart arrhythmia. This may have caused him to fall while working out, leading to his fatal head injury on Friday.
- Family: Teens Still Critical 6 Weeks After Resort Poisoning Two Delaware teenagers are still in critical condition more than six weeks after a banned pesticide was sprayed at the Caribbean resort where they were staying, their family said Monday.
- 13 Pharmacies Closed After Riots, Health Department Offers Help With Prescriptions The Baltimore City Health Department is trying to ensure prescription medicine is available to resident impacted by the civil unrest.
- Case Of Tuberculosis Confirmed In Catonsville A case of tuberculosis has been confirmed within the Catonsville High School community.
- It's YMCA 'Healthy Kids Day' This Saturday YMCA CEO Kevin Washington sat down with CBS New York's Chris Wragge what it's all about.
- Blue Bell Ice Cream Recalled Tuesday morning, retailers in 23 states are pulling Blue Bell Ice Cream from store shelves and consumers are being told not to eat any Blue Bell Ice Cream they may have at home. Last Monday night, the Texas company issued a voluntary recall for all...
- Duff Goldman Discusses Importance Of Healthy Breakfast A Baltimore County school is celebrating Monday and they're doing it with the help of a celebrity chef.