Dog Days Of Summer Click here to view or upload pictures to our slideshow
Health Topic Center
CBS Baltimore Health News
- New Lab Keeps Md. On Cutting Edge Of Health & Technology Infectious diseases, pathogens and bioterrorism agents are all inside a new building downtown.
- New Council To Address Drug Overdoses In Md. Head-On Fighting a deadly problem. Governor Martin O'Malley recently signed an executive order in a push to prevent the growing number of drug overdoses in Maryland. It's a problem getting out of control.
- Women Define Trauma To Share $190M Hopkins Payout Thousands of women whose genitals might have been photographed during gynecological exams can share a $190 million settlement from Johns Hopkins Health System. But they'll have to describe their trauma before seeing any money.
- Experts: Food Allergies Are Skyrocketing An explosion of food allergies is unique to America and Europe and no one seems to know why.
- Study: HIV Diagnoses Drop In US, But Increase In Young Gay Men Number of HIV diagnoses among younger gay men increased from 2002 to 2011.
- Butter Making A Comeback As New Study Suggests Health Benefits Researchers from the University of Cambridge in England found butter and other fats like it may not be as bad for us as once thought, and may even have some health benefits.
- CDC: Antibiotics May Have Been Wrongly Prescribed For Influenza New study finds doctors may be giving inappropriate treatments to patients with flu virus.
- HIV-Killing Condom Could Launch In Next Few Months Australian company working with condom manufacturer to combine anti-viral gel with lubricant.
- Baltimore Doctor Knew AIDS Researcher Who Died In Malaysia Plane Crash Among the men and women who died when a Malaysia Air plane was shot down were at least six experts on AIDS.
- Hopkins Agrees To $190M Settlement In Secret OBGYN Exam Taping Case Settlement announced. Johns Hopkins Hospital has agreed to pay millions to settle claims filed by patients of Dr. Nikita Levy.