Health Topic Center
CBS Baltimore Health News
- Report: Baltimore Ranked 16th Healthiest City Baltimore has been ranked the 16th healthiest city in America according to a report by Better Doctor.
- Measles Outbreak That Started In California Expanding A health warning. The extremely contagious measles virus is back. An outbreak that started at Disneyland is starting to sweep the country.
- CDC: Flu Vaccine Least Effective In A Decade Flu shot fail. For the first time in ten years, health workers say this year's vaccine is the least effective. But doctors say getting the vaccine can still protect you.
- Fighting The Spread Of HIV By Posing On The Dance Floor Baltimore's health department is taking a unique approach to fighting HIV.
- Flu Outbreak Becoming Increasingly Difficult To Fight Flu shot effectiveness. Health experts say the flu vaccine has been one of the least effective in a decade.
- Measles Outbreak: To Vaccinate Or Not Vaccinate With the potential to affect thousands, the recent outbreak of measles in the U.S. has placed a spotlight on a debate that’s raged for years.
- Officials: Thousands Possibly Exposed In Disney Measles Outbreak Health officials fear thousands may have been exposed to the measles at Disneyland and Disney California Adventure last month.
- Army Reservists Train To Join Fight Against Ebola The Ebola outbreak continues to ravage West Africa. The death toll is now at more than 8,000. The US response to the victims continues.
- Western Maryland Hospital Imposes Quarantine To Contain Flu A hospital in Hagerstown has imposed a quarantine to contain several patients infected with the influenza virus.
- Revoked Doctor Filing Court Appeal In Assisted Suicide Case A Baltimore anesthesiologist who advised people on methods of suicide is appealing his Maryland medical license revocation.
- 'Code Blue' Issued In Baltimore City Due To Low Temps Expected The Baltimore City Health Department is declaring a "Code Blue" for the rest of the week because of the low temperatures expected.
- Flu Is Becoming Widespread Throughout Md., US Flu epidemic. The CDC released new numbers Monday showing the flu is widespread in most of the country, including here in Maryland---and doctors say this strain can be more dangerous.
- New Year, New Resolutions Meghan McCorkell hears about Baltimoreans resolutions and shares hers.
- Future Doctors Group Began At Broadneck High Paxton Paganelli, 17, has always wanted to be a doctor. The Broadneck High School senior is applying to several pre-med track programs at top-ranked universities nationwide.
- Maryland Woman Named Hero For Work On Her Disorder Diane Blackstock had always bruised easily.