Health Topic Center
CBS Baltimore Health News
- Actress Rita Wilson Announces She Has Breast Cancer, Had Double Mastectomy Actress Rita Wilson announced Tuesday she was recently diagnosed with breast cancer and underwent a double mastectomy.
- 5 Simple Exercises That Lower Stress Looking for a way to lower stress? Try these five exercises from Dr. Tami Meraglia, author of "The Hormone Secret: Discover Effortless Weight Loss and Renewed Energy in Just 30 Days."
- American Ebola Patient Successfully Treated, Discharged From NIH The American health care worker admitted to NIH with Ebola has been successfully treated.
- Could A Baltimore Company Be Developing An Ebola Vaccine? Major news from a Baltimore based bio-tech firm. It's the first in the world to report success with an Ebola vaccine that's effective against the train that's killed thousands in West Africa.
- American Ebola Patient's Condition Improves The condition of the American being treated for Ebola at a Maryland hospital has improved.
- 'Fight Club' Actor Speaks Out Against Fracking A controversial natural gas and oil drilling process called fracking is getting a lot of attention in Annapolis this year.
- New Health Center To Open In Catonsville In just a few weeks, a new era of health care begins in the Baltimore area.
- 3rd Salisbury University Student Diagnosed With Tuberculosis Health officials say a third Salisbury University student has been diagnosed with tuberculosis.
- New Cancer Report May Help Doctors ID Which Patients More At Risk A new national report on cancer offers a road map for targeting cancer more precisely.
- American Doctor Who Survived Ebola Virus Talks About His Experience An American doctore who was infected with the Ebola virus shares what that experience was like with members of Johns Hopkins School of Public Health.
- Johns Hopkins Univ. Faces $1 Billion Lawsuit Over STD Study Billion dollar lawsuit. Hundreds of people, part of a horrific STD study, sue Johns Hopkins.
- Maryland Groups Build Awareness For Bike Safety Keeping the roads safe. Bike safety has been getting a lot of attention in recent months.
- Smokers React To New Anti-Cigarette Ad A new ad campaign hopes to stop you in your tracks before reaching for a cigarette.
- Balt. Co. Girl Celebrates First Year With New Heart A Baltimore County girl born with a diseased heart needed a new one to survive. WJZ was in the operating room at Johns Hopkins when she got one. Now, one year later, WJZ was there again when the Parrott family got some life-changing news.
- Condition Of American Ebola Patient At NIH in Md. Improves The National Institutes of Health is reporting that the condition of the American with Ebola has improved.