Health Topic Center
CBS Baltimore Health News
- Baltimore Doctor Knew AIDS Researcher Who Died In Malaysia Plane Crash Among the men and women who died when a Malaysia Air plane was shot down were at least six experts on AIDS.
- Hopkins Agrees To $190M Settlement In Secret OBGYN Exam Taping Case Settlement announced. Johns Hopkins Hospital has agreed to pay millions to settle claims filed by patients of Dr. Nikita Levy.
- Time-Saving Tips For Healthy School Lunches With creative planning and the right containers, packing a quick and healthy lunch can be as easy as ABC and 123!
- School Safety Tips For Younger Kids School is back in session, so take some time to go over these important safety tips with your children. This is just the beginning of the conversation, but it's a great place to get started.
- Friends Band Together To Raise Money In Ride To Conquer Cancer Strength in numbers. That's the motto behind a two-day cycling event called "The Ride to Conquer Cancer."
- After Transplant, Md. Woman Finds Chance At Life Sweat beaded on Debra Long's brow and dripped down her face. She clutched her red Gatorade bottle, stepping out of the 90-degree heat and into the air-conditioned lobby of a building on the campus of St. John Catholic Church.
- Study: Stroke Cases Declining in U.S. Cardiologists welcome a new study that finds the downward trend in stroke cases is continuing across the United States.
- CDC Under Fire After Smallpox Vials Found Under fire. Scrutiny intensifies at the Centers For Disease Control and Prevention in the wake of several security breaches involving potentially deadly diseases.
- If The Shoe Doesn't Fit, Don't Wear It Achy feet? It turns out the shoe size you're wearing could have a bigger impact on your overall health than you may realize.
- 300 Vials Labeled Influenza, Dengue Found At Bethesda Lab The same federal scientist who recently found forgotten samples of smallpox at a federal lab also uncovered over 300 additional vials, many bearing the names of highly contagious viruses and bacteria.